Preparing dinner for your loved one on Valentine's Day is a sweet way to show your devotion and appreciation. You can lovingly cook alongside your partner or surprise them with a delicious homemade meal after a long day. Though treating your loved one to a night on the town can be romantic, taking the extra steps to craft a meal at home can keep your night intimate and sweet. Keep reading to discover some of the best Valentine's Day dinner ideas for your magical day.
Valentine's Dinner Date Appetizers
While your main course will be the star of the show, you can show your love and appreciation from start to finish during your meal. Check out these tasty appetizers for your loved one.
You can prepare a plethora of delicious appetizers with authentic caviar. The unique flavors and texture make this delicacy an excellent dish to serve for your romantic date night. Check out these pairings for caviar.
- Buttered toast points: Though simple, a few slices of lightly toasted white bread can go a long way to enhance your meal. Room-temperature butter, crunch toast and rich caviar are a delightful combination.
- Blini: Homemade Russian-style pancakes can show your date that you've gone the extra mile to impress them. Pair blini with sour cream and caviar for a delicious, authentic experience.
- Chips or crackers: Find your significant other's favorite flavors and create a cracker board for easy dipping and enjoying.
- Veggies and fruits: Lemon is delightfully compatible with caviar. Fresh herbs and lemon slices can create a fresh appetizer you'll love. You can also pair avocado, onion, cucumber and cauliflower for tasty bites for vegetable lovers.
- Cheese: The firm pop of caviar and smooth textures of cheese create adventurous bites your date will love tasting.
- Chocolate: If your significant other has a sweet tooth, you can win them over by serving caviar and chocolate. This pairing might be best for dessert, but you can give them a sweet taste to kick off the night and follow up with savory dishes that melt on their tongue.
You can create an elegant Valentine's Day dinner with caviar, but always find a company you trust to deliver this authentic and delicious dish. Properly store the caviar until you're ready to serve it, and elegantly display your appetizer.Shop High-Quality Caviar
Hot Creole Shrimp Dip
A little effort can go a long way to thrill your Valentine's Day date. Whether you're looking to satisfy seafood cravings or want to begin the evening with a sophisticated dish, this hot Creole shrimp dip is sure to impress.
For this recipe, you'll need:
- 1/2 cup of cubed butter
- 8 thinly sliced green onions
- 1 finely chopped green pepper
- 1 pound of cooked, deveined and peeled shrimp
- 4 ounces of drained and diced pimientos
- 2 cloves of minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons of Creole seasoning
- 8 ounces of cubed cream cheese
- Chopped parsley to taste
- Assorted crackers or baguette slices
To make this appetizer, begin by melting butter over medium heat. Add the green pepper and onions and cook until tender, stirring often. Combine pimientos, shrimp, Creole seasoning and garlic, then heat thoroughly. Stir the cream cheese into the mixture until it melts, and add parsley for garnish. Serve this dish alongside the crackers or baguette slices.
Cream Cheese-Stuffed Mushrooms
Appetizers often feature small, savory bite-sized servings. These cream cheese-stuffed mushrooms can pair well with a wide range of main courses, and you can add your favorite spices and seasonings to coordinate with the rest of your food.
Gather these ingredients:
- 16 fresh, large mushrooms
- 8 ounces of cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon of parsley
- 1 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons of fresh thyme
- 2 teaspoons of fresh rosemary
- Pinch of pepper
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- 1 cup of Parmesan cheese
Begin by removing the stems from the mushrooms. You can discard these or save them for later use in another dish. Grab a small bowl and beat the herbs, Worcestershire sauce, pepper, nutmeg, Parmesan and cream cheese. Spoon this mixture into each mushroom cap and top with a sprinkle of additional Parmesan. Bake these tasty bites for about 10 minutes at 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
For an even more delightful dish, consider adding caviar to the cream cheese mixture or as a side for dipping. This unique combination can elevate your meal and ensure every bite is delicious.
Main Course Romantic Dinner Ideas
You want your main course to stand out and impress your loved one. Though you may feel tempted to reach for your go-to meal, you can elevate your date night by finding new recipes. Here are some excellent places to start.
A Valentine's Day steak dinner can transform your occasion into a memorable celebration. Wagyu steaks have an unmatched flavor, texture and marbling that make them the perfect treat for your loved one. Here's how you should cook these delicious cuts:
- Begin by thawing the meat to room temperature.
- Lightly season the steak with a small amount of salt.
- Prepare your cooktop, so the first contact elicits a satisfying sizzle.
- Add a small amount of butter or oil for extra cooking fat.
- Cook to perfection.
On stovetops, you want to watch for an even sear across the steak's surface. When a light brown crust begins to form, it's time to remove the meat from the heat.
Before cooking on a gas or charcoal grill, be sure to pat the steak dry. Ask your meat provider or butcher for specific cook times depending on the steak's thickness. To get those perfect cross-stitch grill marks, rotate the steak 90 degrees.
If you have smaller, more delicate pieces of Wagyu steak, you may want to cook on a plancha or griddle. These even surfaces are perfect for achieving a balanced look requiring minimal effort. The steak should cook for about three minutes on each side, and you should remove the meat before it gets too hot.
Angel Hair Chicken Pasta
Creamy, indulgent pasta is an excellent way to set a romantic and cozy tone for the evening. This flavorful, filling comfort food comes together quickly, giving you more quality time to spend with your loved one. Gather these ingredients for angel hair chicken pasta:
- 1 and 1/2 pounds of skinless and boneless chicken breasts
- 1/2 pound of bacon
- 16 ounces of angel hair pasta
- 1/4 cup of sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1 tablespoon of flour
- 1/2 cup of grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup of whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 3 cloves of minced garlic
- 1/2 cup of chicken broth
- Pinch of dried oregano
- Pinch of ground thyme
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Pinch of salt
Melt the butter in a large skillet and saute the garlic, thyme and oregano until fragrant. Cook the chicken until golden brown on either side. Add half the chicken broth and transfer the skillet to the oven to bake for 15 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
As the chicken bakes, cook the bacon over medium-high heat. Drain the grease and cut the bacon into small pieces. Prepare a pot with salted water and cook the pasta to al dente. Then, drain the water and keep the pasta warm while you complete the sauce.
Use the bacon skillet to prepare flour, whipping cream, a quarter-cup of chicken broth and Parmesan. Whisk these ingredients until it creates a uniform mixture. Add the tomatoes, salt and red pepper flakes. Add the pasta to the sauce and toss the ingredients until everything has an even coat. Plate the pasta and top with chicken and bacon.
Desserts for Your Valentine's Day Menu
A light dessert is perfect for these rich and flavorful dishes. You want to avoid rich or heavy sweets so you and your loved one can better enjoy the flavor progression and end the dinner feeling satisfied.
A no-bake cheesecake is excellent after a Wagyu dinner, and you can top it with your partner's favorite fruits and flavors. You can keep it plain or dress it as much as you like. You could also consider lemon curd ice cream or a berry coconut crumble. Each of these desserts has light flavors and a delicious sweet taste your partner will love.
Celebrate Valentine's Day Dinner With Imperia Caviar
Imperia Caviar offers delicious and authentic caviar and Wagyu steaks you can easily purchase online to impress your Valentine's Day date. If you're looking for a romantic and sophisticated meal, you can trust us to deliver the best options at affordable prices.
We believe everyone should be able to enjoy these delicacies, which is why we make it easy to taste new varieties and discover top-quality food at a fraction of the cost. Browse our Wagyu striploin steaks, Wagyu ribeyes or shop top-quality caviar for your Valentine's Day dinner date.