A caviar brunch provides a wonderful opportunity to socialize and discover the magic of high-quality caviar. The secret to a sensational caviar brunch lies in the menu and the drink pairings. Caviar pairs with many brunch staples — like eggs and smoked salmon — so a caviar brunch seems like a natural way to enjoy the delicacy.
These meals and suggested drink pairings will impress your guests and help you make the most of your event.
Caviar Brunch Recipes
A successful caviar brunch is dependent on the right menu. Your dishes should be delicious without overpowering the taste and experience of caviar. The following recipes are easy to make and pair perfectly with caviar. Treat your guests to the caviar delicacy with these caviar brunch ideas.
Deviled Eggs With Caviar
Eggs make excellent caviar pairings. They are versatile and complement the salty sensations of caviar. You can make a variety of dishes using these two base ingredients. A sophisticated yet simple recipe is deviled eggs with caviar.
Deviled eggs are a reliable hors d'oeuvre that many people enjoy. Here's how you can make caviar deviled eggs for your brunch:
- Hard-boil your eggs and peel off the shells. It may be easier to remove the shells if you simultaneously hold the egg under cool running water.
- Slice the eggs, and scoop the yolks into a bowl. Place the whites on a platter.
- Mash the yolks with a fork. Add any ingredients you like, such as mayonnaise, yellow mustard and vinegar, as well as spices like paprika, salt and pepper.
- Add a scoop of the yolk mixture to each egg white with a spoonful of caviar. Be sure to smooth out the yolk mixture to create a flat surface for the caviar.
A tray or two of caviar deviled eggs makes an elegant and enjoyable brunch option.
Salmon Caviar Benedict
Smoked salmon and caviar make a delicious duo. The salty flavors of the smoked salmon blend well with caviar. When paired with eggs, smoked salmon further highlights the experience of caviar. Smoked salmon caviar benedict is a quintessential addition to any caviar-based brunch menu. Here's how to make it:
- Make your hollandaise sauce by blending 4 egg yolks, 3 tablespoons of lemon juice, ½ teaspoon of salt and ¼ teaspoon of cayenne until light and fluffy.
- Slowly add ½ cup of melted butter.
- Mix in 2 tablespoons of RAW cream as a stabilizer.
- Poach your eggs.
- Lightly toast and butter your English muffins.
- Place a few slices of smoked salmon on each half and top with an egg.
- Pour over some hollandaise sauce, and top with a scoop of caviar.
This mix of flavors makes for a delectable brunch meal that will be a guaranteed hit.
Bagels are a must at any brunch event, and they become even more delightful when you add caviar to the mix. Guests can customize bagels, adding their preferred toppings and a scoop of delicious caviar. You can offer the following toppings alongside caviar at your brunch:
- Cream cheese
- Crème fraiche
- Smoked salmon
Caviar bagels are entree-sized treats, but if you want a bite-sized variation, explore canapé options. Canapés are bite-sized creations that begin with a starchy base, followed by a tasty spread and topped with a garnish.
Here's one unique idea for an open-faced Wagyu beef breakfast sandwich to get your creativity flowing:
- Toast some bagels and set aside.
- Prepare and cook your Wagyu beef your favorite way.
- Make over-easy or over-medium eggs.
- Butter each bagel half. Top with an egg and a few slices of Wagyu beef.
- Sprinkle with caviar.
Cowboy caviar can be served as a salad, dip, topping or side. The dish simulates the texture of caviar without containing any of it, making it a clever alternative to offer at your caviar brunch. Follow these steps to make cowboy caviar:
- Create the salad by dicing and mixing ingredients like beans, black-eyed peas, spicy jalapeños, sweet bell peppers, tomatoes, corn, avocado and mango.
- Mix in Italian salad dressing from the store, or create your own by combining lime juice, apple cider vinegar, sugar, garlic powder, oregano, cumin and olive oil.
This dish comes together quickly and is an excellent way to serve vegetables at your caviar brunch.
Potato Pancakes and Caviar
If you are looking for a gourmet, elegant and delicious brunch meal, then you need to try potato pancakes with caviar. The starchiness of the potatoes brings out the briny flavors of the caviar. Here's how to make potato pancakes:
- Shred your potatoes, squeezing out excess liquid.
- Add to a large bowl. Stir in 1 lightly beaten egg, ¼ cup of matzo meal, ¼ cup grated onion and a pinch of salt.
- Shape the mixture into scallop-sized cakes about ½-inch thick.
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet. Fry the pancakes over medium-high heat about 3 minutes per side.
- Transfer the finished cakes to a baking sheet and sprinkle with salt.
You can top these potato pancakes with caviar or follow this recipe for caviar sauce and scallops to take the dish to the next level.
Caviar Brunch Drink Pairings
Elevate your caviar brunch with the perfect drink pairings:
- Champagne: Dry champagne is the best bubbly accompaniment for caviar. Look for labels indicating "Brut" varieties. The caviar's briny flavors will augment the taste of the champagne. The champagne's bubbles and the caviar's pearls make for a delightful infusion of flavors and textures.
- Sherry: A dry sherry will unlock a buttery and nutty texture, especially when paired with Ossetra caviar.
- White wine: Chilled white wine is excellent alongside caviar. White wine with moderate to low amounts of residual sugar is best to not overpower the caviar. Riesling and Chablis are popular varieties.
- Saké: Saké is wine made out of rice. It has a lower acidity than most wines and brings the more subtle flavors of caviar to the forefront. Saké and caviar is a pairing that many palates will appreciate.
- Sparkling water: Sparkling water is the best nonalcoholic beverage to pair with caviar. Sparkling water refreshes your palate and removes lingering aftertastes, allowing a completely unhindered experience with every bite of caviar. Add a slice of lemon to make this refreshing beverage the perfect addition to your caviar brunch.
Serve a Delicious Brunch With Imperia Caviar
Premium caviar is the best way to bring out the very best of your caviar brunch menu. Imperia Caviar offers an affordable range of delicious, high-quality caviar that will make your dishes shine. Host an unforgettable event with the caviar experience that only Imperia Caviar can provide.
You can browse our full range of products online to get started hosting your caviar brunch! If you are new to caviar, our gift sets provide the perfect introduction. You and your guests can experience different varieties of caviar to find your favorite.