Serving caviar for the holidays is a wonderful way to share a flavorful, gourmet treat with the people you love. While setting out a tray of caviar and snacks is one option, we highly recommend crafting some caviar holiday recipes to impress your friends and family with a luxurious spread. Learn how to serve caviar at a holiday party with these six unique and delicious recipes!
6 Caviar Holiday Recipes to Try
If you're planning to serve caviar at your upcoming seasonal gathering but aren't quite sure where to start, look no further than this list. Below are some of our favorite caviar ideas for the holidays.
1. Caviar Sauce
Delicious with chips, crackers, vegetables, potato pancakes and everything in between, this caviar sauce is a must-try for your next holiday gathering. You'll need the following ingredients:
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon snipped chives
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 1 tablespoon salmon roe
- 1 tablespoon caviar
- (Optional) 2 tablespoons wasabi-injected roe
Combine all ingredients — excluding the caviar, salmon roe and wasabi-injected roe — in a mixing bowl, whisking to blend well. Gently fold in the caviar, salmon roe and optional roe. Serve immediately with your choice of snacks, or store it covered for up to a day in the refrigerator.
2. Four-Layered Caviar Dip
Is a holiday party truly complete without an assortment of snacks and a delectable dip? It's even better when caviar is the star ingredient!
This four-layered caviar dip will surely make a statement at any holiday party. Here are the ingredients you'll need:
- 2 ounces caviar
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅓ cup thinly sliced chives
- 6 large hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1 cup rinsed, dried and finely diced red onion
- Cooking spray
- Blend your mayonnaise, sour cream, salt and chopped eggs in a bowl, then grease a 6-inch ring mold lightly with cooking spray.
- Scoop the egg mixture evenly onto the bottom of the ring mold, then sprinkle it with the red onion.
- Mix together your chives and cream cheese in a separate bowl, then spread it gently over the onion. Top it with the caviar.
- Refrigerate the dip for 2 hours, then serve it on a platter or plate with crackers.
3. Smoked Salmon and Caviar Cream Cheese
If you're looking for a light meal or appetizer to delight your seafood-loving guests, this smoked salmon and caviar cream cheese recipe is a culinary masterpiece! It only takes a few simple ingredients:
- ¼ cup caviar
- 8 ounces smoked salmon
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
Start by spreading your cream cheese onto a serving plate or platter. Chop the smoked salmon into small pieces, then sprinkle them over the cream cheese layer. Pour the sour cream over the salmon bits. Sprinkle your caviar on top, and there you have it!
We recommend serving this appetizer with crostini or crackers for a delicious ensemble of flavor and texture. You can also adjust the ingredient quantities depending on the number of guests you're expecting. Feel free to sprinkle on additional toppings, like thinly sliced chives or red onions.
4. Creamy Pasta With Caviar
If you need a lavish entree to impress your guests, pasta and caviar is the ultimate gourmet blend. To make this pasta dish with caviar, you'll need:
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 4 strips raw chopped bacon
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 small diced onion
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon caviar
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook the spaghetti according to the package instructions, then drain the saucepan, reserving some of the pasta water, and set it aside.
- Cook the bacon over medium heat in a large skillet until crispy. Remove the bacon from the skillet and set aside, preserving the bacon fat in the skillet.
- Add the minced garlic and diced onion to the skillet. Cook until the onions are translucent.
- Stir in the parmesan cheese and heavy cream until the mixture thickens. Sprinkle in red pepper flakes, salt and pepper.
- Add the cooked spaghetti to the skillet, tossing and coating it in the sauce. If the sauce isn't coming together, you can add in some pasta water a few spoonfuls at a time and continue tossing.
- Top the creamy pasta with bacon and caviar.
5. Caviar Ball
This recipe is the perfect addition to a holiday party menu! Combining the savory flavors of cream cheese, caviar and Worcestershire sauce, this one-of-a-kind appetizer will have everyone returning for more.
We recommend serving this caviar ball with a plain snack, like toasted white bread or crackers, to bring out the caviar flavors. Get the following ingredients:
- 1 8-ounce package cream cheese
- 2 shakes of Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon milk or cream
- 1 or 2 finely chopped scallions
- 2 ounces caviar
Combine all of your ingredients except the caviar, then place them on a piece of plastic wrap and form a ball. Chill the ball in the fridge for about a day or two until firm. When the day of your holiday party arrives, place the ball over an ice-filled dish. Spread some caviar over the ball and serve with a mother of pearl spoon. Feel free to garnish the ball with some parsley or a maraschino cherry.
6. Caviar and Crème Fraîche Tartlets
A French term that translates to “fresh cream,” crème fraîche is a fermented dairy product with a rich, tangy flavor and thick consistency. In this caviar and crème fraîche tartlet recipe, light and fluffy cream gives way to the buttery richness of caviar for a palate-pleasing combo. Crisp tart shells add the perfect balance of texture. This dish makes a perfect holiday party appetizer!
Start by gathering these ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons caviar
- 6 tablespoons homemade or store-bought crème fraîche
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced chives
- 12 mini round tart shells
Assemble the tart shells onto a serving platter, then scoop the crème fraîche into a Ziploc bag. Snip a small opening in the corner of the bag, then pipe about half a tablespoon of crème fraîche onto each tart shell. Spoon about half a teaspoon of caviar on top of each tartlet. Garnish with chives, serve and enjoy!
Explore Our High-Quality Caviar to Include in Your Recipes
These holiday caviar ideas are just the beginning — the culinary possibilities are endless when it comes to caviar. If you need affordable, high-quality caviar to enhance your recipes this season, we invite you to check out our premium selection at Imperia Caviar.
From our rich Royal Ossetra to a mild and buttery Kaluga Hybrid Reserve, we have a delicious variety of caviar to craft gourmet holiday dishes for your friends and family. Check out our blog for more recipes and creative ways to make the most of your caviar.
Order from our caviar selection to start crafting amazing recipes this season. Happy holidays from Imperia Caviar!